- How long should it take to rehome my dog?
In general you should allow for up to 3 to 5 weeks to find a great new home for your Fido friend. This is time to promote your friend for adoption, to answer (and ask) adopter questions through email and by phone, to check references and then to meet with prospective new families. We find that some dogs may take a little bit longer to rehome – like larger dogs, older dogs, ‘working’ dogs and pit bulls, but we honestly believe that there’s a unique and special home for every one.
- What if I can’t afford the Fido Profile fee?
We offer a sponsored profile, available through a short application form – click here to learn more.
- How many families will see my dog’s profile?
Through the website, email blasts and social media channels we have thousands of adopters each month who will see your dog’s listing.
- I’m a Rescuer, can I user Fido Love?
Yes! Rescues that foster dogs in home environments are welcome to use Fido Love over and over. Please contact us for more information.
- You charge a fee for using the Fido Love service, why is this?
On Fido Love we value – and work hard to ensure – timely correspondence between adoptive and rehoming families. Over time we’ve learned that a fee to rehoming families for this service, helps them to value the rehoming process and this service – and communications are more reliable. Fees collected go directly into improving the website experience and costs of marketing the dogs for adoption.
- Relationships with shelter organizations
For shelter organizations pursuing a no-kill mission, keeping pets in homes and out of shelters in the first place should be an important focus. Fido Love is a resource that helps as an alternative to shelter surrenders.
- Do you require dogs to be spayed/neutered?
The overpopulation of pit bulls throughout the United States places a huge burden on shelters. Because of this we do require that pitbulls listed on Fido Love be spayed or neutered.
- Where is Fido Love located?
Based in beautiful Bend, Oregon
- NOT for Commercial Use. Fido Love is available to Fido homes and families, rescuers and shelters only. We strictly forbid commercial use of the website for sale of puppies or dogs.
- Right to Refuse Service. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
- Your Privacy. Fido Love does not and will never, sell or release your email address. If you provide personal contact information to another Fido Love user, Fido Love is not responsible for any misuse of this information.
- Solicitation of other Fido Love users through our site or ads is not allowed. If you do, your account will be disabled and you will be blocked from the Fido Love system.
- Service Interruptions are Possible. Fido Love cannot guarantee uninterrupted service due to circumstances beyond our control.
By using this service all Fido Love users agree to the above terms entirely.